Senior Scientist, Cancer Biology
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Scientist of Cancer Biology for a leading biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA. As the Senior Scientist, you will Serve as the biology lead on a multidisciplinary project team. You will be responsible for the design and execution of studies assessing target modulation of lead compounds in vitro and in vivo. Prior experience working with academic collaborators and/or CROs is a must.
- Spearhead efforts on development and optimization of cell-based assays in various formats. Experience in molecular cloning, CRISPR/Cas9, si/shRNA-mediated knockdown, protein overexpression, and transcriptional reporter assays will be useful.
- Identify preclinical models representative of target patient populations in which to evaluate the pharmacodynamics and efficacy of lead compounds. Experience with in vivo models of hematological malignancies and/or lineage tracing will be critical.
- Use your knowledge of cytokine signaling and experience profiling hematopoietic cell lines and working with myeloid progenitor cells to hit the ground running.
- Assess both mechanism(s) and small molecule modulation of cancer targets. Lead the development of assays to assess in vivo pharmacodynamics of lead compounds.
- Interpret, summarize, and present research findings at internal and external scientific meetings/conferences. Clear communication of your science to biologists and multidisciplinary colleagues alike is a must.
- Proactively review literature to bring in the newest scientific findings, ideas, and methods/technologies for discovery research.
Skills and Requirements:
- You have earned a Ph.D. and have 2-4 years post-doctoral training in Cancer Biology.
- You have 2+ years of experience in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company.
- You have a proven track record of excellence as evidenced by high impact, peer reviewed publications.
- You have a solid skill set in cancer biology techniques.
- You have experience with in vitro and in vivo pharmacological assessment of small molecules. You work collaboratively within a dynamic matrix environment, with strong contribution to project strategies and progression.
- You have excellent written communication, presentation, and inter-personal skills.
- You are eager to deepen the understanding of the small molecule drug discovery process and will work with urgency to get new therapies to patients.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sofia Amark at (+1) 646-367-2764 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.