Senior Scientist, Bioinformatics
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Scientist for a global biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA. Successful candidates will have an extensive background within bioinformatics or computational biology.
- Process and analyze large next generation sequencing (NGS) datasets, specifically RNAseq and single cell RNAseq.
- Contribute to an external collaboration focused on the development of novel protocols for the differentiation of induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC) into terminal cell types suitable for cell-based therapies.
- Work closely with a cross-disciplinary team of biologists and bioinformatic scientists to apply novel computational techniques.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS/MS degree in a relevant scientific discipline with 2-5+ years of experience in academia or industry
- Strong foundation in computational biology and statistical principles
Experience in processing and analyzing large next generation sequencing (NGS) datasets, specifically RNAseq and single cell RNAseq (scRNAseq)
- Experience in a Linux environment and HPC environment (e.g. SGE, AWS)
- Experience in statistical programming (e.g. R, Bioconductor, MATLAB)
- Experience in scripting and programming languages (e.g. shell scripting, Perl, Python)
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new NGS projects/areas
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Nikki Ranieri at (+1) 215-531-5288 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.