Senior Scientist Bioinformatics
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Investigator/Senior Investigator of Bioinformatics and Data Science with a leading life science group located in Boston, MA. As the Investigator/Senior Investigator, you will participate in developing innovative therapies for patients with serious genetic diseases.
- Application of physichemical property, efficacy, and genomic data analyses to extract biological insights such as compound mechanism of action, therapeutic strategy, and disease biology.
- Develop and manage a scalable database and cloud-based computing infrastructure.
- Creation of clear data visualizations and interactive tools.
- Participate and thrive in a culture of effective collaboration between experimental and computational scientists.
- Work closely with experimental scientists to analyze, interpret, and visualize data to understand drug mechanisms and assess therapeutic opportunities.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, or Computer Science with 5+ years of relevant post-doctoral and industry experience in data sciences or bioinformatics.
- Experiences in collaborations with project teams developing AAV, oligo or mRNA therapeutics.
- Outstanding bioinformatics programming skills in at least one language relevant to data analysis such as Python or R.
- A deep understanding of DNA and RNA biology and familiarity with transcription, splicing data analysis.
- Ability to effectively communicate methodologies and results with colleagues, including bench scientists, research management, and project team leaders.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication skills and team work ethics.
- Excellency capability to translate strategy into action, to successfully manage projects and timelines, and prioritize accordingly.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sofia Amark at (+1) 646-367-2764 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.