Senior Scientist, Antibody Expression and Cell Line Development
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Scientist of Antibody Expression and Cell Line Development with a global pharmaceutical company located in Boston, MA. As the Senior Scientist, you will plan and execute cell line development activities including transfection, stable selection, single cell cloning and characterization.
- Independently lead cell line development programs and performs key activities associated with production cell line development including transient/stable transfection, selection, single cell cloning, high throughput screening, characterization of clonal cell lines, cell banking, and cell line stability studies.
- Develop and optimize new protein expression platform including designing, constructing, and evaluating novel expression vectors and expression system.
- Strategically advance scientific expertise and introduce innovative technologies to improve cell line development process and therapeutic protein production. Perform and develop immunoassays such as Octet, ELISA, and flow cytometry analysis.
- Work closely with cross-functional groups as well as with CROs to manage development and outsourcing activities.
- Publish technical reports and presents and publish data at departmental level and cross-functional meetings.
- Demonstrate leadership by advising and sharing knowledge and expert opinions with peers and senior management.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in Biological Sciences, Molecular Biology, Biochemical engineering or related sciences, 2-4 years' relevant industrial experience.
- Master's degree in Biological Sciences, Biochemical engineering, or related pharmaceutical science; 4-6+ years relevant industry experience.
- Strong background in mammalian expression systems for producing antibodies. Hands-on experience with generating high producing CHO production cell line is required.
- Experience with vector construction and design, and genetic characterization of production cell banks is required.
- Experience with operating bench scale bioreactor will be a plus.
- Experience with immunological assays such as Octet assay, ELISA, SDS-PAGE, Western blot, and FACS analysis is required.
- Experience with bioinformatics and omics approach is preferred Well versed with DOE and statistical analysis Experience with gene targeting and genome editing technologies will be a plus.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Dominic Cappell at email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.