Senior Scientific Advisor
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Scientific Advisor, Movement Disorders to provide scientific leadership and oversight of clinical trials in movement disorders, including tremor, spasticity, ataxia, dystonia and other impairments. The incumbent will have indication expertise and is a resource when interacting and communicating with investigative sites, study sponsors, and internal stakeholders to ensure quality and timely delivery of all clinical service offerings.
- External facing clinical representative responsible for the independent clinical management of large, international clinical trials.
- Own scientific responsibility and leadership over assigned project, along with accountability for ensuring that the scientific integrity is maintained and all necessary analyses and remediations are conducted and effectively communicated.
- Provides expert support and mentoring for all advanced solutions in line with demonstrated advanced knowledge and experience with all service offerings, leveraging strong communication and negotiation skills and strategies. This includes, but is not limited to, advanced analytics; independent review/rating analysis and remediations, etc.
- Partner with all departments, including business development, to build relationships internally and externally to promote strategic development and grow the business.
- Lead clinical discussions and follow through in internal and external project meetings.
- Review, monitor, and proactively support Clinical Science to address issues regarding study level metrics and actions taken to address concerns and remediations.
- Ensure clinical quality standards are met by monitoring team performance across studies and scales and resolve clinical quality or training related issues.
- Proactively identify and address project related risks through active communication across departments and adherence to policy/procedure. Resolve and communicate quality events promptly and effectively.
- Participate in the mentoring and training of Clinical Scientists.
- Develop and nourish peer-to-peer relationships with clients, external consultants, key opinion leaders and clinicians, both regionally and in research areas of interest.
- Actively participate in research and publications efforts and report research results externally through peer-reviewed journals, conferences, or other appropriate venues is required.
- Identify the need for and contribute to the development of departmental and cross-disciplinary work instructions, process guidelines and standard operating procedures to ensure all processes and procedures meet SOP/GCP requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor. These may, on occasion, be unrelated to the position described here.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential functions of the position.
Skills and Requirements
- Post-graduate degree in a life science discipline or other field relevant to the WCG MedAvante-ProPhase business focus is required.
- 5 years of experience in the clinical research industry required
- 3+ years' experience as a Clinical Scientist, clinical trial science lead or similar role, with external-facing responsibilities managing the clinical aspects of a clinical trials, with demonstrated ability to leverage scientific concepts to influence external audiences and/or clients required
- Minimum 3 years of experience with the administration of rating scales with practical knowledge of study endpoints as part of sponsored clinical research required
- Strong communication and negotiation skills across audiences, demonstrated by ability to assess complex situations, devise impact-generating solutions based on incomplete data and the ability to present complex information in a simplified way is required
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to integrate in a team, motivate others and communicate clearly and effectively
- Strong problem solving/decision making skills demonstrated by ability for independent critical thinking, solution generation and engagement in active scientific exchange
- Solid understanding of intermediate research methods and statistics; having research publications strongly preferred
- Expert knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- Fluent in English required; bi-lingual or multi-lingual skills are preferred
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the ability to produce detailed reports and presentations using these tools
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Phil Sawyer at (+1) 347-901-4526 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.