Senior Research Scientist
Proclinical is in search for a talented Senior Research Scientist in England. There is an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a lab-based scientist and be part of a scientifically vibrant and driven department. Applying your knowledge and expertise in cell biology you will work closely with therapeutic area colleagues to design and implement target discovery screens.
- Lab-based scientist, delivering expertise in cellular screening, while working in partnership with colleagues to characterise and triage lead compounds from phenotypic screens for target discovery.
- Generate quantitative data to identify and prioritise biological pathways for target validation.
- Maintain awareness of current developments in the literature and contribute to continuous improvement of techniques and processes.
- Represent the department and achieve scientific visibility through project contributions and presentations at internal meetings, as well as external collaborations, conference presentations and peer-reviewed publications.
Skills and Requirements
- Ph.D in Biology, Molecular or Cell biology, Pharmacology or related discipline, or a BSc/MSc
- Highly proficient in cell biology techniques including culture of complex/primary cell models (eg IPSC), reagent delivery by electroporation or transfection
- Significant experience in the development and execution of medium/high throughput phenotypic screening workflows and their associated automation components, associated end point assays (including high-content image analysis) and data analysis.
- An enthusiastic self-starter with first rate problem solving skills, coupled with tenacity and attention to detail to see decisions through, even in situations of ambiguity.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.