Senior Research Scientist, Gene Therapy
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Research Scientist of Gene Therapy with a leading life science group located in Greater Boston, MA. Successful candidate will implement knowledge/expertise to successfully develop and execute bioassays for preclinical gene therapy research as well as contribute to analytics assays for AAV process development studies.
- Design, develop and execute bioassays of in vitro and in vivo samples to advance gene therapy projects.
- Develop analytic methods and execute analytic assays of AAV vectors for gene therapy process developments.
- External projects: Support tech transfer and on-going activities with external collaborators and service providers (CMOs, CROs).
- Data presentation: Maintain accurate, timely and detailed records of work; Communicate and present findings in internal and external meetings.
- Collaboration: Collaborate across the company to assure that timelines developed are adhered to by appropriate assignments of internal and external resources.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in biology, virology or a related field with 2 years industry experience, or M.S. with 5 years of industry experiences in developing analytic assays for AAV vectors, and in vitro assays for preclinical research applications.
- Experience with viral vectors is required and previous management of CROs is a plus.
- Prior experience in establishing analytical methods and conducting analytical assays suitable for viral vector characterization is required.
- Prior experience in establishing conducting bioassays for preclinical in vitro and in vivo studies is required.
- Experience with writing assay protocol, documentation and study reports that could contribute to regulatory filing documents is a plus.
- Ability to work independently as well as being part of a team is essential; possess self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude.
- Ability to balance multiple projects under a demanding timeline while providing guidance to project teams.
- Skilled in the development of molecular biology test methods, including PCR, ELISA, HTRF, SDS Page and cell-based potency assays.
- Hand on experiences with AAV analytics are required.
- Excellent organizational, communication and collaborations skills are required.
- Experience in authoring regulatory documents, including IND is a plus.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Max Robinson at (+1) 929-388-1651 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.