Senior Research Associate, Flow Cytometry
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Research Associate for a biotechnology company located in Boston, MA. Successful candidate will report directly to the Senior Scientist of Biochemistry.
- Assessment of specificity and functionality of human T cells by multicolor flow cytometry.
- Analysis of multicolor flow cytometry data.
- Isolation and differentiation of primary antigen presenting cells from human PBMCs.
- Culturing and expansion of human T cells.
- Nucleic acid transfection and transduction of primary human cells and cell lines.
- Enzymatic labeling (e.g. biotinylation, fluorophore labeling) of proteins to generate reagents for downstream assays.
- Improvement of current processes and implementation of new technologies.
- Assist in laboratory operation duties for the group, such as inventory management and organization.
- Train members of the Biochemistry team and other colleagues in the company as applicable.
- Track and compile methods and results in an electronic laboratory notebook.
- Regular presentation of results to wider research teams and other key stakeholders.
Skills and Requirements:
- MS in Immunology, Cell Biology, Biotechnology or similar field.
- 2+ years post-educational laboratory experience.
- Strong skill set and hands-on experience in flow cytometry analysis of primary cells (8 colors or more), MHC tetramer experience a plus.
- Primary immune cell isolation and culture, T cell cultures preferred.
- Exposure/training in protein expression and purification is desirable, but not required.
- Experience with immunological assays (e.g. ELIspot, ELISA).
- Familiarity and hands-on experience with molecular cloning is highly preferred.
- Good understanding of structure-function relationship of proteins and knowledge of protein biochemistry would be beneficial.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and communicate data to colleagues.
- Able to work both independently and on teams to deliver against timelines.
- Excellent attention to detail, goal oriented, data driven and good organizational and communication skills (verbal and written), with a pro-active mentality.
- Strong inclination towards learning new techniques and developing new and strategic collaborations.
- Strong independent problem solving and troubleshooting skills, and ability to contribute constructively to scientific discussions.
- Resilience and adaptability to priority changes and work in the fast-paced biotech industry.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Hunter Tonn at (+1) 646-851-0086 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.