Senior Research Associate/Engineer
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Research Associate/Engineer for a biotechnology company located in Boston, MA. Successful candidate will build and be part of the team that creates and executes on purification systems in order to deliver transformative genotype-agnostic therapies for vision restoration using viral vectors.
- Assists in developing Vedere's viral vector purification process strategies to support drug substance manufacturing at all levels of product development
- Execute on targeted experiments to develop and optimize internal virus purification from both research (bench) and development (pilot) feed-streams
- Assist in generating material for research studies and analytical and formulation development
- Maintain equipment, assist in organizing lab, ordering and restocking supplies
- Summarize and present findings to various levels of the company
- Documenting of findings in notebooks and technical reports
- May interface with Contract Development & Manufacturing Organizations on developing and/or transferring specific process unit operations
- May assist assay development colleagues in providing in-process analytical support
Skills and Requirements:
- MS in biological sciences with 1+ years relevant industry experience or BS with 3+ years of similar experience.
- Industrial experience in downstream purification activities such as cell culture harvest and clarification, tangential flow filtration, virus removal and/or column chromatography is required.
- Background and experience in viral vector purification platforms (e.g. AAV, Adenovirus, Lentivirus) and viral clearance is preferred.
- Knowledge of Quality by Design approaches.
- Able to draft protocols or adapt and follow existing ones.
- Meticulous documentation and record-keeping.
- Understanding of industrial bioprocessing manufacturing and cGMP principles.
- Ability to work in interdisciplinary teams as well as with external partners and vendors.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Matt Tong at (+1) 646-878-6308 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.