Senior Research Associate, Cancer Biology
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Research Associate of Cancer Biology for a leading biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA. As the Senior Research Associate, you will design and execute molecular and cellular biology experiments focused on evaluation of candidate molecules, and development of novel biomarkers.
- Design and perform cell and molecular biology experiments to support the biological evaluation of small molecules impacting cancer dependencies
- Develop, optimize, and conduct cell-based assays (target engagement, cell proliferation, cell cycle, reporter-based) to enable medicinal chemistry efforts and structure activity relationship assessment
- Develop and perform target engagement assays from tumor samples from xenograft and PDX models
- Maintain good written records of laboratory procedures, results and conclusions
- Analyze data carefully and report findings to the team
- Collaborate with CROs for any outsourcing needs and integrate data analysis
- Present your work at regular department and company meetings
Skills and Requirements:
- BS/MS with 3+ years of industry/academic experience working in a cancer biology team is desirable
- Experience in molecular biology (nucleic acid purification, DNA cloning, PCR, gel electrophoresis, Western blotting, and qPCR, si/shRNA, CRISPR, lentiviral gene knockdown)
- Exceptional cell biology capabilities (experience with solid and suspension mammalian cells, flow cytometry, microscopy).
- Ability to design and execute experiments, analyze and document results
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sofia Amark at (+1) 646-367-2764 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.