Senior Protein Scientist
An attractive job opportunity has arisen at a leading multinational pharmaceutical company who is seeking a Senior Protein Scientist in Cambridge.
- To execute experimental procedures according to study plan as agreed with the team leader or other supervisor.
- To contribute to the interpretation of experimental data and play a significant role in the planning of further experiments.
- To be an effective team member in supporting Discovery Projects to meet their objectives
- To maintain an awareness of current developments in the literature and to make effective use of appropriate literature search tools.
- To identify and solve problems associated with their experiments and discuss with other team members.
- To learn and apply new methods and show self-awareness regarding technical training needs.
- To be responsible for and ensure that the results of their experiments are recorded accurately and to a high standard in accordance with current guidelines.
- To possess a range of practical skills and demonstrate flexibility within and across teams.
Skills and Requirements
- Should have a B.Sc., M.Sc. degree or Ph.D. in relevant subjects, or equivalent level of understanding developed through experience in drug discovery or early development.
- Understand pre-clinical drug discovery and how it contributes to and should influence projects.
- Understand how different drug discovery disciplines contribute to and work together within a project.
- The impact of the Role will be within functional project teams.
- Delivery of data to a high standard of quality and efficiency & ensure that the performance of test systems stay within acceptable limits over time.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.