Senior / Principal Scientist, In vitro Pharmacology
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior/Principal Scientist of In Vitro Pharmacology with a global biotechnology company located in San Francisco, CA. As the Senior Scientist, you will be a key contributor to the development and execution of ongoing drug discovery projects.
- Develop, validate, and execute biochemical and screening assays to identify and characterize drug candidates in our pipeline of DNA repair-modulating small molecules.
- Perform mechanism of action studies to better understand how our drug candidates are affecting DNA damage repair pathways and genomic stability.
- Key contributor to the discovery research team, with broad responsibility helping us make novel discoveries to advance our pipeline assets.
- Identification and validation of cancer indications and contexts dependent on our drug targets to assist the clinical development of our programs.
- Work closely with our multi-disciplinary team of scientists and interact with external CRO partners to generate novel hypotheses and advance our scientific priorities.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of advancements in the field and new laboratory techniques and technologies.
- Organize and present experimental results at regular internal meetings.
- Maintain accurate, well-organized experimental records.
- Deep understanding of DNA damage response biology, DNA repair pathways and cancer cell biology is highly desirable.
Skills and Requirements:
- Ph.D. in biological sciences and minimum of 5 years of relevant hands-on experience in DNA damage response pathways or discovery with oncology focus.
- Broad knowledge of cancer biology required, with expertise in synthetic lethality or the DNA damage repair field highly preferred. Experience working in the DNA damage response field will be a distinct advantage.
- Proven track record in biochemical & cell-based assay development and screening, ideally within an industrial drug discovery setting.
- Extensive experience in standard laboratory techniques, including hands-on experience with CRISPR, RNAi, reporter assays and small molecule inhibitor treatment of cancer cell lines.
- Excellent technical cell and molecular biology skills (e.g. D-loop assays, homologous recombination specific assays, SPR, single strand annealing, flow cytometry, imaging, cell culture, viability assays, reporter assays, etc) and a proven ability to apply these skills to cell-based assay development and screening.
- Experience with NGS technologies is preferred, and familiarity with pathway analysis and bioinformatic data analysis is a plus.
- Experience of drug discovery is desirable.
- Experience working in an industrial setting will be a distinct advantage.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated team player, with the ability to work independently.
- Well organized and able to maintain detailed records of experimental work.
- Ability to communicate clearly and decisively in an open, timely manner.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at (+1) 617-903-7746 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.