Senior/Principal Scientist - Bioanalytical
Proclinical is seeking a Senior/Principal Scientist - Bioanalytical for a cutting-edge biotech company located in Boston, MA.
As the Senior/Principal Scientist - Bioanalytical, you will support the advancement of projects from hits to development candidates. You will provide project leadership, technical expertise across multiple drug discovery programs.
Must be eligible to work in the US.
- Develop assays to analyze various proteins(peptides) to positively impact drug discovery projects.
- Participate in establishing and managing collaborations with company partners and CRO's.
- Independently and collaboratively identify and deliver high quality drug candidates based on protein/peptide conjugation
- Generate novel, testable hypotheses to enable rapid, clear decision making.
- Ensure optimal interaction/communication and provide updates on project status to team members and stakeholders.
Skills and Requirements:
- Experience with operating mass spectrometers (orbitrap, QTOF) and associated chromatography instruments
- Experience with nano-LC-MS instrumentation for proteomics
- Experience with de novo peptide sequencing and software (e.g., PEAKS)
- Identify and implement new technologies for de novo peptide sequencing
- Experience in characterization of protein and peptide bioconjugates
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong problem-solving skills for developing creative, innovative solutions, and meeting project objectives.
- Extensive experience in driving and supporting external teams at CRO's.
- Proven track record of scientific contributions to projects, including co-inventorship on patents.
- (Co)-authorship on publications and presentations is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Scientific creativity, independent thought and decision-making ability.
- Outstanding written, verbal and presentations skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- PhD preferred
- Industry experience required
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Alexander Bero at +44 20 3831 7644 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.