Senior Medical Science Liaison - New England
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Medical Science Liaison for a leading biopharmaceutical company located in Boston, MA. As the Medical Science Liaison (MSL), you will serve as a scientific liaison to the medical/academic community and is responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with Health Care Providers/Professionals (HCPs) to ensure the appropriate dissemination of clinical and scientific information regarding our client's compounds in a timely, ethical and stakeholder-focused manner.
- Through scientific exchange, develops trusting relationships with a predefined list of medical and scientific Thought Leaders and other HCPs
- Applies principles of the Scientific Engagement Model (SEM) to enhance the quality of interactions as assessed by field coaching observations
- Incorporates the medical plan (i.e. listening priorities) into interactions and captures feedback in the CRM system with appropriate oversight by management, to inform internal stakeholders and assist in shaping the medical strategy
- With guidance from management, utilizes the CRM system and analytics reports to capture interaction details in a time sensitive manner and to enhance future TL engagements and manage workload
- Exchanges scientific information effectively and compliantly with external stakeholders at a proficient level of communication for both disease state and product to external stakeholders as assessed by management coaching and field observations
- Conceptual and practical knowledge of local and regional payers within the geography and understands the relationships between those plans and patient care delivery in the region
- Assists clinical development/clinical operations by understanding IB content and presenting IB content and presenting IB material at SIV meetings, providing nominations for trial sites as requested, providing end of study data reviews with investigators as needed
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum requirement for advanced biomedical or life sciences degree (Masters, NP, PA)
- Preference for terminal degree in the biomedical or life sciences (DO, MD, PharmD, PhD)
- Required Experience:
- Typically requires a minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience as a MSL, in medical affairs, pharma/biotech industry, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous training or experience in designated therapeutic area is helpful
- Ability to complete goals within allotted timeframes, and deliver high quality results
- Ability to initiate, plan and complete projects in a constantly changing field-based environment
- Ability to identify issues and create solutions
- Ability to critically appraise and comprehend medical and scientific literature
- Ability to effectively present clinical/scientific information in a credible manner in varied settings
- Good knowledge and understanding of assigned geographic territory and healthcare regulatory environment
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs and to work in a matrix environment
- Working knowledge of Health Economics and Outcomes Research
- Has working knowledge of local/regional payers within geography and the relationships between those plans and patient care delivery in the region
- Fluent in English & Local Language (oral and written)
- Other Requirements
Indicate required certifications, licenses or specialized trainings.
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Ability to travel overnight up to 70%, depending on assigned geography; including occasional weekend travel
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Ella Jobson at (+1) 646-868-5142 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.