Senior Manager Business Development
An international pharmaceutical company is advertising a vacancy for a Senior Manager Business Development, based in their London office. The organisation is known for their clinical research operations and their work in supporting developing compounds across a number of disease areas, including autoimmune, diabetes and kidney, and central nervous system diseases. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a globally renowned office and bolster a career in the pharmaceutical commercial field.
- Screen, identify, and evaluate new business development opportunities.
- Arrange and meet with new companies and those met at conferences (if a second meeting required).
- Perform the initial technical assessment and have the ability to progress to Confidentiality Agreement (CA) level.
- Have CA signed with new companies or those met at conferences.
- Conduct in-depth technical and scientific evaluation of selected business opportunities under the CA to identify key scientific/commercial issues.
- Draft non-binding term sheets and to negotiate the terms with possible partners.
- Identify the key negotiation points in definitive agreements and take the lead of the discussion with MTP Group Companies and to summarise our counter proposals.
- Develop and foster relationships with partners with which partnership has been formed.
Skills and Requirements:
- Science Degree.
- Five years' experience in Research and Development area.
- Five years of experience in Business Development identifying, evaluating, and negotiating potential business development opportunities.
- Experience of having accomplished business development transactions from ideation to execution of transaction.
- Experience of conducting product evaluation from scientific and commercial points of view.
- Excellent understanding of the development pathway and lifecycle of pharmaceutical products and a thorough understanding of the clinical development and regulatory framework for licensed medicines, particularly in the UK and Europe.
- Broad network with pharma and biotech companies, venture capitalists, scientific organisations, and academia.
- Ability to negotiate terms and technical/scientific as well as business conditions of the License Agreement subject to agreement with the General Manager, Business and Development to progress to the final stage.
- A good understanding of a commercial database, for example, Cortellis.
- Ability to undertake international travel, therefore flexible and adaptable approach required.
- Diplomatic and culturally sensitive.
- A second European language would be advantageous.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Harry Williams at +44 203 854 0102 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical Staffing is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.