Senior Manager / Associate Director, Translational Oncology
Proclinical is urgently recruiting for a Senior Manager/Associate Director of Translational Oncology for a leading non-profit cancer research center located in Stamford, CT. As the Senior Manager/Associate Director, you will be responsible for helping to rapidly translate emerging data to answer important questions for the cancer community and bring much needed new treatments. This individual, in collaboration with the Chief Scientific Officer (CSO) and Chief Medical Officer (CMO) and the Research and Informatics teams, will develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to advance the research agenda that will ultimately help to personalize and optimize treatments for all patients.
- Develop and implement an integrated target discovery and biomarkers strategy working closely with Research colleagues in Immune and Prevention and with the Clinical team
- In collaboration with the Informatics department and external counterparts, bring disease and domain expertise into the organization and oversight of clinico-immuno-genomic data analysis efforts that will be applying state-of-the-art computational methods to analyze large-scale genomic and high dimensional immunological data
- Scientific oversight of translational collaborations with academia and industry that will be following and further validating through wet work promising findings emerging from analytical efforts
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the publications strategy for relating to all research programs
- Work closely with the Alliances Management team to identify partnerships to enable and enhance the development of projects in the research portfolio
- Support the Development, and Communications groups to ensure all aspects of Research are aligned and communicated effectively. Lead the effort in communicating progress, value, and results related to research to current potential supporters as well as collaborators, partners, and associated third parties
Skills and Requirements:
- Ph.D. in life sciences with a minimum of 2 years of experience in R&D oncology translational research; hematology / myeloma experience preferred
- Experience/exposure to academic-pharma translational research collaborations
- In depth knowledge of modern genomic and immune technologies as well as analytical tools and pipelines
- Demonstrated excellent analytical, interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills; able to communicate effectively with scientists and with non-scientists
- Exceptional project management, leadership, negotiation and presentation skills as well as an ability to contribute creative yet practical solutions to problems
- Extraordinary researching skills and expertise in searching medical literature and databases
- Innovative leader with the ability to create new ideas
- Strong proficiency with IT applications, technology and systems
- Ability to orchestrate strategic partnerships and collaborations between multiple parties.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Natasha Patel at (+1) 617-778-7319 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.