Senior Formulation Development Scientist
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Formulation Development Scientist with a global pharmaceutical company located in Richmond, VA. As the Senior Formulation Development Scientist, you will support and lead new product development by developing formulations and/or providing analysis and evaluation of material and products at all stages of the development process, considering scientific and timing objectives.
- Manages or contributes to one or more projects in support of Brand Innovation strategy.
- Exercises a wide degree of technical sophistication in accomplishing assigned objectives.
- Designs experiments and carries out scientific work with an awareness of state-of-the-art technology. Creates research plans to fit overall project objectives.
- Identify, challenge, develop and implement written procedures (e.g. quality and safety) methods & batch documents, etc.
- Produces or contributes to, departmental quality documentation (including SOP's, batch documentation, validation protocols & reports).
- Specific safety and quality responsibilities for department and site (e.g. GMP, Audits, Health & Safety).
- Build relationships within cross-functional partners to deliver innovation programs
- Participates and may lead in general problem solving or lead problem solving initiatives
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Nutritional or related science
- At least 7 years of formulation and/or product development experience with a bachelor's degree or at least 4 years of experience with a master's degree
- Four years of topical experience (i.e. gels, creams, ointments, etc.)
- MS or PhD degree in a Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Nutritional or related science
- Ability to apply scientific principles and techniques to assigned projects.
- Ability to connect consumer needs to product development
- Knowledge of R&D development processes and associated commercial environment.
- Clear communicator in both oral and written form with both internal departments and external organizations.
- Demonstrates ability to take initiative, think and work independently, problem-solve, work effectively in teams, and multitask.
- An ability to organize and report study data from internal and external sources.
- Basic understanding of statistics and its application to experimental work.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sarah Beshara at 267-477-3355 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.