Senior/Exec. Director, Vaccines Global Program Lead
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior/Executive Director of Vaccines Global Program Lead for a global biotechnology company located in Boston, MA. As the Executive Director, you will serve as the point of contact between Portfolio Management Committee and GPT to ensure the alignment of program objectives with overall corporate strategy.
This role offers an ambitious and experienced candidate the opportunity to significantly contribute to a robust vaccine portfolio including COVID-19 vaccines. Initially, the the role will be focusing on providing leadership to the cross-functional Global Program Team (GPT) and driving the advancement of vaccine candidates against COVID-19. Longer term, this individual will help to lead and build out a broad vaccine pipeline.
- Responsible and accountable for alignment of the integrated product development plan and the cross-functional execution of program strategy.
- Operates through strong leadership skills, influence, and communication, not direct line authority.
- Provides regular updates, dashboard, etc. to Portfolio Management Committee on program progress.
- Works with the GPT to prepare presentations and updates for regular and ad hoc program reviews, ensuring the right level of strategic engagement with leadership and the board.
- Manages key stakeholders and ensures appropriate communication flows among functions and leadership.
- Responsible for creating a high-performing, engaged team with strong morale. Contributes to both the performance and development of team members. Serves as a champion for both the program and the team.
- Assists in driving continuous improvement within the team to streamline processes and improve communication and flow of information.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in sciences, engineering, business administration. Advanced degree / PhD preferred.
- Minimum 10 years direct experience in program leadership within the biotechnology/Pharma organization and a proven ability to work cross-functionally at all organizational levels.
- Excellent knowledge and experience operating in drug discovery and development with informed scientific insight and a strong knowledge of the overall development process to help the organization identify opportunities, contextualize risk, and develop proactive/pragmatic strategies across the vaccine portfolio.
- Knowledge and experience in vaccine research and development preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-awareness with demonstrated to manage team dynamics and engage all levels of the organization.
- Displays a high degree of integrity, enthusiasm and operates from a framework of possibility.
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail, able to work independently and proactively, prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be motivated, creative, energetic and adaptable, responding constructively to challenging new ideas, information and situations.
- Individual is driven by a sense of urgency to develop therapies for patients with significant unmet medical needs
- Proven effectiveness in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, a strong team player with high energy and a can-do attitude.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at (+1) 617-903-7746 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.