Senior Engineering Manager - Cloud
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Engineering Manager with a medical device company located in Belmont, CA. Successful candidate will have the responsibility to deliver and operate high quality, scalable, and extensible software, including making appropriate design and technology choices.
- Lead the teams to design and deliver software components, with the skills needed to understand and lead the design of the software
- Hire, grow and motivate engineers on your team, ensuring you recruit and retain top talent
- Best Practices: lead the team to deliver on their commitments, ensuring the design and planning is accurate and work is delivered on time with quality; drive best practices in Agile and Software Delivery.
- Scale up and inspire multiple teams; long term vision, proactively planning for future organizational growth and driving a technology roadmap.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineer or equivalent in a related field.
- 10+ years of software industry experience, particularly SaaS-based related applications.
- Have successfully built, deployed, and operated an enterprise-scale web application in the cloud (in a management role).
- Hands-on software design, development, test, build and deploy experience using technologies like Java, Relational and NoSQL databases.
- Experience in Agile Software Delivery and Operations Management and people management.
- Quick learner with the ability to understand complex workflows and develop and validate innovative solutions to solve difficult problems.
- Strong communication, with the ability to explain complex technical problems to non-technical audiences and the ability to translate customer requirements to technical designs.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with proven ability to navigate complex corporate environments and influence stakeholders and partners.
- Global experience, influencing or (preferably) managing remote teams to deliver software releases.
- Experience in healthcare is not required, but familiarity with healthcare systems and data and workflows is a plus (e.g. HL7, IHE).
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Lewis Rooney at (+1) 415-481-3817 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.