Senior Electrical Engineer
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Engineer for a medical technology and device company located in Mountain View, CA. Successful candidate will focus on the design and support of next generation electro-mechanical medical equipment.
- Work with senior staff to design, implement, maintain, and improve electrical medical equipment for the domestic and international markets.
- Track project tasks to assure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time and within budget.
- Perform assignments independently with instruction as to the general results expected and with guidance from a lead engineer and or engineering specialist on unusual or complex problems.
- Prepare technical documentation resulting from the design process.
- Work with senior staff to direct and coordinate the manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with product specifications.
- Investigate customer complaints, determine nature and extent of problem, and recommend remedial measures.
- Inspect manufacturing operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Provide technical direction and on-the-job training to production technicians.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, and 5- 7 years of experience in electronic design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and able to produce clear and concise technical documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to design & prototype digital and analog circuits.
- In-lab testing, evaluation and characterization of the prototypes testing to verify product meets internal and external customer requirements (including developing the necessary test set-ups).
- Working knowledge of PCB layout tools, FPGA design and CAD tools. Experience with Xilinx FPGA tools and Altium Designer a plus.
- General knowledge of embedded hardware development.
- General knowledge of safety standards
- Effective problem-solving techniques, using creative, critical thinking, and collaborative methods
- Effective team-player with willingness of working with local teams and global teams spread across different time zones.
- Adheres to safety policy and procedures
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Dean Bagnall (+1)
628-212-0069 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.