Senior DSP Engineer
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior DSP Engineer with a medical devices and technology company located in London, England. Successful candidate will be responsible for developing bio-signal processing algorithms for low power and low bandwidth wearable sensors and cloud-based systems.
- Research and develop algorithms to extract meaningful biomedical signals from raw sensor signals.
- Port said algorithms onto target system(s): low-power resource-limited embedded and/or cloud-based software.
- Solve firmware engineering problems related to signal processing on the embedded system.
- Optimize algorithms for various performance goals including accuracy, memory use, and power consumption.
- Assist the Product Design team in selection and validation of sensors and embedded computing resources.
- Collaborate with Q/A and Clinical Testing teams on data collection methodology and protocols.
- Develop solutions to optimize, test, and validate algorithms on large sets of collected data.
Skills and Requirements
- 3+ years of experience in DSP algorithm design and implementation for embedded systems.
- Extensive experience developing algorithms in Matlab (preferably) or Python.
- Solid experience in embedded C programming.
- Fixed-point arithmetic.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Patient, creative, and analytical mindset.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related applied science field.
- Data Science and Machine Learning.
- Both Matlab and Python programming.
- Embedded assembly programming.
- Experience with various data compression techniques.
- IC data sheets, inter-chip communication protocols (I2C, I2S), PCB design, mixed-signal circuit design.
- Programming within an RTOS environment.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Jessica Vocella on +44 203 871 8091 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
Proclinical Staffing is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.