Senior Director, Translational Immuno-Oncology - REMOTE
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Proclinical is seeking a remote Senior Director, Translational Immuno-Oncology for a cutting-edge biotech company.
Must be eligible to work in the US.
- Based on deep knowledge of and extensive experience with oncology, the role will drive the translational strategies for clinical development of programs based on an integrated view of the respective translational expert functions.
- This role will also drive reverse translation of insights based on clinical trial-derived biomarker data e.g. by supporting design of preclinical experiments for hypothesis-testing or mechanistic studies.
- The role will work with a cross-functional team (clinical team, regulatory, diagnostics, biostatistics, preclinical) to ensure the key definitions in clinical translational steps are in agreement with clinical development and regulatory approvals.
- At the same time, the role has to ensure that the translational science function is deeply embedded into the discovery and research environment in which the clinical programs are rooted and has to understand and operationalize the original scientific rationales that have led to development decisions of the individual clinical pipeline compounds.
- Co-responsible for the strategic and scientific and budgetary planning of translational approaches in the assigned development portfolio.
- The role will be responsible for the development and implementation of innovative strategies for translational approaches and deliverables for the assigned oncology portfolio. Through such strategies it enables the programs to achieve important clinical milestones, e.g., Proof of Clinical Principle.
- The role will have the accountability to steer and deliver the biomarker strategy for multiple programs from exploratory early studies to phase 2/3 studies with registrational intend, in alignment with clinical development objectives (for area of accountability) for the assigned portfolio.
- The role is accountable to strengthen the interfaces, processes and approaches across functions and teams within the company and strives for continuous improvement and acceleration. The role is a role model for accountability and inclusive leadership to build trustful relationship and networks across multiple functions and key stakeholders.
- The role is a trusted advisor and collaboration partner for investigators outside of the business and because of his/her reputation and experience build trustful connections to jointly enhance our clinical development pathways.
- The role is accountable to manage a cohesive and engaged team of experts in Translational Science, embodies our leadership behaviors and capabilities, building safe and inclusive working culture in their teams.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD with 12 to 15+ years of industry experience in oncology drug development with a track record of high impact in clinical trial supporting Translational Science and reverse translational approaches.
- Demonstrated experience in applying translational and innovative biomarker strategies to both preclinical and clinical development portfolios.
- Demonstrated experience in contextualizing biomarker data in understanding pharmacodynamics and mode of action of therapies and in definition of patient populations.
- In depth understanding of translational medicine and biomarker mechanisms associated with immune-oncology and targeted therapies.
- Successful track record leading translational activities for multiple clinical programs, including programs in early-, mid-, and late-stage development.
- Extensive insight and experience in basic, translational and clinical research related to biomarkers, pharmacogenetics, imaging, and digital pathology.
- Leadership and management experience.
- Strong understanding of technical, regulatory, clinical, and strategic aspects of biomarker assessments in clinical development.
- Ability to independently drive, manage, execute, and deliver results for a portfolio of complex multifunctional projects.
- Collaborate and strategize across the entire Oncology organization to improve efficiency and accelerate the product pipeline forward.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sofia Amark at +(1) 646-367-2764 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.