Senior Director, Rare Disease Research
We seek a talented, experienced, and motivated Senior Director to assist in developing the preclinical data package to support the advancement of a Rare Diseases platform and pipeline. The successful candidate will drive the preclinical in vitro and in vivo pharmacology effort to validate the potential of novel therapeutics in the Rare Diseases therapeutic area. The successful candidate will lead the biochemistry and cell biology efforts, design and execute experiments, supervise laboratory personnel, present results internally and externally and manage collaborations and CROs.
He/She will collaborate with different functions including Platform, Clinical, Regulatory, Legal, Commercial and Manufacturing. Experience in IND filing is required as the candidate will help programs moving into Development. Applicants should be outstanding team members and have extensive experience in project management.
- Manage multiple Rare Disease projects of moderate to large size and scope involving cross-functional collaboration within Discovery and across departments. Provide scientific expertise, guidance and strategy to successfully bring programs to Go/No Go decisions.
- Lead a team of biologists to develop, optimize, validate and execute biochemical and/or cellular assays to support drug discovery projects, including assay development
- Provide expert level guidance in designing and implementing cell biology, biochemistry and biomarker related studies for rare diseases
- Ability to manage and supervise scientists to meet project timelines and teach direct reports assay and trouble shooting skills
- Support programs up to IND filing collaborating with multiple functions
- Develop and manage relationship with clients. Have good communication skills, especially be capable of communicating effectively to discuss project progress, interpret and present data to clients
- Lead external collaborations. Act as a scientific resource providing guidance and mentorship to colleagues.
Skills and Requirements:
- A Ph.D. degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or Immunology with 15+ years of overall experience, with 5-10 years of experience specifically in drug discovery in pharmaceutical, biotech or CRO
- Solid background and training in his or her own field of study and in conducting research using the latest drug discovery technologies and advances in science
- Managerial capabilities and good knowledge and experience in biologics and track record of making contributions to advance therapeutics from concept to proof-of concept in-vivo into a clinical candidate
- Familiarity with animal models used in Rare Disease research
- Extensive hands on experience in setting up in vitro and ex vivo biochemical assays
- Familiarity with disease biomarkers
- Experience in drug discovery or translational research in a biotech setting
- Experience in IND filing required
In return you can expect and industry leading salary and package including an annual bonus, equity, Highly competitive healthcare coverage, 401K etc as well as the opportunity to join a disruptive organization developing innovative rare disease therapeutics.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at (+1) 617-903-7746 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.