Senior Director of Marketing, Rare Disease
Proclinical is seeking a Senior Director of Marketing, Rare Disease for a global biopharmaceutical company located in Boston, MA.
The Senior Director of Marketing is accountable for directing and leading the development and execution of marketing strategies for assigned product(s) and assigned customer segments (i.e., HCPs incl. Nurses, Caregivers and Patients).
Must be eligible to work in the US.
- Direct the development & implementation of creative/innovative, patient-centric and appropriate brand marketing strategies and plans that are fully integrated across the team to ensure seamless execution
- Ensure all annual commercial objectives associated with assigned brands are achieved. This includes sales, margin targets, and other KPIs
- Facilitate and ensure effective and efficient cross-functional collaboration and alignment with other marketing teams, sales, medical affairs, managed care, reimbursement, business analytics, and others in and outside the Business Unit to meet or exceed brand objectives
- Develop, recommend and manage marketing budgets for assigned brands and segments
- Ensure commercial operational objectives, goals, and KPIs are met. Identify potential significant - positive or negative - deviations as early as possible and provide management updates
- When course correction is required recommend or make adjustments with a sense of urgency
- Develop and deliver clear and comprehensive business reviews as required
- Identify & align all required resources - internally and externally - to ensure effective and seamless achievement of goals.
- Includes identifying, negotiating with and managing third-party/external vendors to support plans and activities, e.g., advertising firms and other outside parties. Negotiates to ensure best terms and effectively manages third-party firm performance through all stages of delivery
- Work closely with Business Unit leadership and to contribute to the development and realization of Business Unit vision and plans
- Act in full compliance with all laws, regulations and policies
- Utilize only approved resources and messages to meet goals and targets
- Coach and support the development of others
Skills and Requirements:
- As a Marketing Director focused on Rare Disease, the incumbent is expected to have, develop and apply the following functional competencies to a medium-to-advanced level of proficiency:
- Market, Disease and Product Knowledge
- Business Analytics and Insights
- Customer Understanding, especially Patient
- Strategic Marketing
- Operational Planning
- Customer Engagement
- BA/BS is required; MBA preferred
- At least 10 years of biopharma commercial leadership including at least 5 in marketing or marketing-related functions in rare or specialty areas
- Previous experience leading marketing teams
- Previous significant experience in developing and executing brand strategic and tactical plans
- Demonstrated ability to interact with internal stakeholders, including senior leaders across the organizations
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and external stakeholders, including medical thought leaders, organized patient organizations, and others
- Proven track record for consistently meeting or exceeding quantitative and qualitative targets.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Emily Notman at +(1) 617-963-0344 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.