Senior Director, High Throughput Screening
Proclinical is seeking a Senior Director, High Throughput Screening for a leading CRO. This role will be located in Shanghai China but looking for someone with experience in the US (operation facilities in Shanghai, China, San Diego, California, and Cranbury, New Jersey).
We are seeking a highly talented and motivated HTS leader with strong scientific background in enzymology and HTS for discovery pipelines.
- Independently design and develop biochemical and biophysical assays for drug discovery and MOA elucidation.
- Find chemistry start point by high-throughput screening (HTS).
- Be responsible for data interpretation and communication within and outside HTS group.
- Collaborate closely with biochemists, medicinal chemists, cell biologists and in vivo pharmacologists to speed up the drug discovery process and fulfill the drug discovery goals.
- Maintain and optimize the high-throughput screening platform cooperatively.
- Introduce the cutting-edge technology into work and optimize the current platform to improve the work efficiency.
- Provides work direction, staff development, performance management including writing and conducting performance evaluations of assigned staff;
- Responsible for the preparation of multiple complex project proposals based on client needs (Project proposals include plate based pharmacology, HTS, SAR, assay development);
- Plan, coordinate and execute multiple ongoing projects with assigned team to meet deadlines;
- Works in conjunction with client and/or outside partners to plan and execute complex scientific projects;
- Communicates directly with clients to provide frequent updates and progress reports;
- Perform job specific tasks in compliance with applicable Regulations, International Standards, and Policies and Standard Operating Procedures;
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- D. degree in biochemistry or related major, experienced with HTS and hit validation.
- At least 8 years drug discovery experience.
- Strong scientific background with proven track-record of scientific publications.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, self-motivated and collaborative.
- Strong written and communication skills in both English and Chinese.
- Experience with biochemical technologies such as ELISA, FRET/HTRF, AlphaLISA/AlphaScreen, FP and EMSA is highly desired. Cell and molecular experience is plus.
- Experience with biophysical technologies is preferred: SPR, BLI, MST, ITC, DLS or TSA.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Mike Raletz at +(1) 267-428-7770 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.