Senior Director Hemoglobinopathies
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Medical Director of Hemoglobinopathies with a leading pharmaceutical company located in Boston, MA. Successful candidate will be responsible for developing the global medical strategy plans for Hemoglobinopathies (including sickle cell disease and Beta-Thalassemia), in close collaboration with the CRISPR Global Medical Affairs Director.
- Accountable for developing the Hemoglobinopathies medical strategy, insight gathering, and tactical planning (including medical congress activity, medical materials and training, and thought leader engagement).
- Work closely with both the internal development team at VCGT and the CRISPR project team, and collaborate with the commercial and development teams to align with the disease and brand priorities.
- Develop and oversee the Global Brand Medical (BMT) team, which brings together representatives across medical functions, including RWE, HEOR, Medical Information, and regional medical.
- Interact regularly with multiple Global Medical Affairs functions, including regional and country medical colleagues, Medical Communication, Medical Information, Publications, Grants, Investigator Initiated Studies, as well as multiple other internal functions including Commercial (marketing, sales), Regulatory, Clinical Development, Biometrics, and Safety.
- Develop Hemoglobinopathies medical affairs plans, including launch and Life Cycle Management plans.
- Critically interpret scientific data and determine the potential impact of new research on medical thinking and practice, and use scientific and clinical data to formulate frameworks and disease management approaches, the main objective of which is to ensure that patients receive appropriate care and achieve the best possible long-term health outcomes.
- Collaborate with the development team in the implementation of the late phase clinical development trials.
- Ensure country/regional insights and needs are considered in global strategies and activities by leading the BMT.
- Serve as Medical Affairs representative on Project Team (PT).
- Partner to develop and deliver high quality Phase IIIB/IV studies to support reimbursement and access needs and appropriate use of the medicines.
- Provide medical support for the preparation of the Global Value Dossiers and support the Country Medical Directors for the preparation of local reimbursement dossiers and hearings.
- Provide scientific input and expertise in the design and construction of Global promotional materials and events. Serve as the primary medical reviewer and approver of Global promotional materials.
- Perform/oversee medical/scientific training to Commercial and other internal stakeholders.
- Provide medical Intelligence and support at relevant medical congress meetings.
- Assure compliance with laws, regulations and applicable codes.
Skills and Requirements:
- MD degree, with sub-specialty in (1 or multiple): Hematology, Hematology/Oncology Genetics.
- 8+ years of experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry, with 5+ in Medical Affairs; including experience working with thought leaders and direct involvement in promotional and medical materials review.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to effectively present complex medical information to others.
- Strong relationship-forming capabilities.
- Ability to work across multiple functions and to be effective in a matrix environment.
- Team oriented, strong interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate with other groups.
- Creative, ability to see the big picture without losing focus on specific tactical needs.
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills. Ability to negotiate at the conceptual level, holding positions and ideas without alienating the parts.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Ella Jobson at (+1) 646-868-5142 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.