Senior Director, Head of Medical Affairs
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Director, Head of US Medical Affairs with a global biotechnology company located in Rockville, MD. Successful candidate will provide medical/scientific, strategic, and operational expertise into the planning and execution of US medical affairs activities and may contribute to the global clinical development activities.
- Lead the development and execution of the US medical affairs strategy, creating department goals, objectives and metrics to shape and define the success of the organization.
- Actively support the US commercial organization to promote the scientific and medical value of Company products.
- Drive the engagement and establish appropriate strategic partnerships of centers of excellence, KOLs, professional societies and other key stakeholders in US in areas of scientific and medical interest.
- Develop effective scientific and medical presentations/materials that can be directly applied to support launch plans and enable strong prescriber and patient acceptance.
- Support Local Access and reimbursement activities, as needed (communicates medical part of value propositions).
- Create and update policies and procedures and guarantee conduct of medical and scientific activities according to all relevant regulations and SOPs.
- Establish and promote productive working partnerships with global colleagues located in France and cross-functional resources as appropriate, working closely with Global Head of Medical Affairs based in Marseilles, France.
- Actively support the global commercial organization; participate in, support, and develop key global clinical and medical affairs strategies in conjunction with commercial and medical affairs counterparts.
- Provide ongoing and interactive technical and medical expertise to execute on these strategies.
- In collaboration with R&D and Commercial, plan for and develop non-registrational trials, secondary data analyses, and prepare timely and scientifically accurate publications.
Skills and Requirements:
- MD required with 8+ years' industry experience; minimum of 6 years of global or US medical affairs; at least 5 years of medical affairs management experience.
- In-depth experience with rare disease or oncology or hematology landscape within pharmaceutical industry.
- Worked on approved US commercial products.
- Keen understanding of GCP, statistics, clinical trial designs and commercial success factors.
- Ability to work in a matrix and fast-moving organization.
- Demonstrated experience in publication, expanded access or similar programs, as well as pharmacovigilance.
- Strong behavior and leadership skills, practicing teamwork, communicating with impact, focusing on delivery, self-assurance & awareness.
- Working in a global organization.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Ella Jobson at (+1) 646-868-5142 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.