Senior Director - Biosample
Proclinical are recruiting for a Senior Director - Biosample for a biotech organisation. This role is on a permanent basis and is located in Germany.
- Uphold both GCP and CAP/CLIA standards for labs in line with any other regulated analytical labs.
- Constantly screen new developments and technologies and assist with automation initiatives.
- The ideal candidate will uphold and constantly improve sustainable team and sub-team structured to meet the business's growing demands for biosampling services, both regulated and non-regulated areas.
- Offer cross-functional biosampling knowledge to assist with international research projects and clinical development.
- You will uphold and expand networks in the international organisation with pertinent shareholder such as R&D teams, translational science, project management, etc.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Educated to a degree level in a natural science field, though a doctorate would be ideal.
- At least 10-15 years of experience working in a pharmaceutical organisation in oncology and immunology.
- Familiarity working in bioanalytical labs within the context of clinical trials, which involves pertinent experience with human biosamples.
- At least 5+ years of experience in a management role accountable for various lab groups and at least 5-10 years of experience in analytical labs.
- Knowledge of outlining and complying with regulatory needs for labs such as GCP(L).
- Know-how of method development, process optimisation and establishment of lean procedures within the field of bioanalytical labs.
- Acquaintance with pre-analytical sample handling and processing mainly focusing on blood and tissue samples.
- Past involvement in CAP/CLIA certified labs would be ideal.
- Familiarity with setting up LIMS and any other labs management systems and executing automation equipment and software.
- Capable of hiring, leading and handling a dynamic and diverse team while promoting an open and cooperative setting.
- Fluency in the German and English language.
- Communication skills both verbally and in writing.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact James Hume at +44 208 167 5468.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.