Senior Clinical Trial Manager
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Clinical Trial Manager leading biopharmaceutical company located in San Francisco, CA. Successful candidate will independently manage all components of a clinical trial, leading a multidisciplinary, cross-functional Study Management Team.
- Ensure clinical trial activities and deliverables are completed on-time, within budget, and in a highly dynamic and complex environment in accordance with appropriate quality standards including GCP/ICH requirements and SOPs.
- Contribute to and support the company's research and development efforts to create high value therapeutics to address unmet medical needs.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of a clinical trial in accordance with SOPs, ICH/GCP regulations and study-specific manuals and procedures.
- Independently lead Study Management Team(s), including cross-functional team(s), CRO(s) and third-party vendors as applicable.
- Develop and manage effective relationships with key study stakeholders. Responsible for key study quality metrics (i.e., eligibility, primary endpoint data, etc.).
- Lead the identification, evaluation and hiring of appropriate CROs and other third-party study vendors in accordance with SOPs.
- Management of CROs and other third-party vendors, including setting expectations, training, managing timelines and deliverables, and issue management.
- Manage the clinical study budget, ensuring the project remains within scope and that out of scope activities are identified and handled appropriately. In collaboration with the Study Management Team, identify risks to study and develop risk mitigation plans, including communication with senior management when necessary.
- Write or contribute to preparation of clinical protocols, informed consent forms, study manuals, case report forms, and other clinical research related documents. Ensure clinical data are reviewed in accordance with study data review plans and that a final, clean dataset is provided upon database lock.
- Project and coordinate study supply and packaging requirements. Manage expert consultant activities for study related activities, including effective communication. Identify program/resource gaps and proposes solutions.
- Provide weekly enrollment and program updates to senior management. Identify and share best practices and process improvements with colleagues to ensure optimal efficiency and consistency in Clinical Operations. Lead or participate in functional initiatives and/or activities as assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required (life science degree is preferred).
- 8-10 years in the pharmaceutical industry is required, including but not limited to 4 years overseeing trial management.
- Must have demonstrated problem solving abilities and strong organizational skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office) are required. Excellent working knowledge of FDA & ICH GCP regulations and guidelines is required.
- Must be a demonstrated self-starter and team player with strong interpersonal skills. Must possess excellent cross-functional clinical project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement SOPs and Study Plans. Strong experience working as a Clinical Research Associate is preferred and thorough knowledge of clinical monitoring practices is required. Fluent English is required.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Natasha Patel at (+1) 617-778-7319 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.