Senior Clinical SAS Programmer
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Clinical SAS Programmer with a pharmaceutical company located in South Plainfield, NJ. This position performs the programming activities for clinical development programs and associated clinical studies either directly or through Contract Research Organization (CRO) oversight. Participates in the development of new and review of existing statistical programming standard operating procedures and processes and biostatistics computing systems implementations and application development as appropriate.
The incumbent works cross-functionally with internal departments and external resources on statistical programming related issues.
The position supports adherence to relevant regulatory requirements and company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as appropriate.
- Produces timely statistical analyses of clinical data per protocols and Statistical Analysis Plans; develops statistical programs and produces programmed outputs used to create integrated scientific reports for clinical trial results
- Participates in study team meetings as a representative of the Biostatistics function. Communicates statistical issues and acts as a statistical/programming resource to the development teams
- Participates in the assessment, selection and evaluation of CROs.
- Participates in the review of Case Report Forms (CRFs), CRF annotations, Statistical Action Plans, TLGs and TLG shells
- Interacts with CROs involved in data management/analysis activities to ensure that their statistical analyses and resulting outputs are accurate and consistent with the contractually agreed upon deliverables; works with vendor staff to characterize and resolve issues related to data analysis
- Creates/Reviews derived dataset specifications and the related analysis datasets
- May develop SOPs and training guidelines related to statistical programming
- Performs other tasks and assignments as needed and specified by management
Skills and Requirements:
- Master's degree in a quantitative sciences discipline (e.g., Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science) and a minimum of 6 years of experience in statistics or statistical programming in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, CRO or related environment
- Demonstrated and applied SAS programming skills (e.g., Base SAS, SAS/Stat, SAS/Graph, SAS macros, ODS) and a good understanding of database systems
- Clinical Data Interchange Standards Consortium (CDISC) experience
- Knowledge of clinical data analysis and reporting process as it relates to drug development
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication and skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as required, in a fast-paced, matrixed, team environment consisting of internal and external team members
- Analytical thinker with excellent problem- solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects
- Experience working with CROs
- Experience supporting New Drug Applications (NDAs) and Marketing Authorization Applications (MAAs) submissions
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Nikki Ranieri at 215-531-5288 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.