Senior Clinical Research Scientist
An opportunity has opened to join a superb Biotech based in the UK whose focus is in Infectious Diseases. They're looking for a Snr Clinical Scientist to join their team in a fully home-based role.
You will Co-lead with the Scientific Lead the 6 clinical vendors responsible for the microbiology, microbiome and metabolome analyses, taking in charge all Clinical Operations activities associated with the role. This is a unique position where you will feel like you're truly making a difference.
With recent expansion globally due to the success of their pipeline, this makes it an exciting time to join where you can step up quickly up the career ladder in the future. A highly competitive benefits package is on offer for the right candidate.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Co-lead with the Scientific Lead the 6 clinical vendors responsible for the microbiology, microbiome and metabolome analyses, taking in charge all Clinical Operations activities associated with the role
- Perform vendor oversight activities to monitor both data integrity, quality and flow
- Responsible for the review, set up and filing of clinical trial documents associated with the managed clinical vendors
- Lead the collaboration between the Clinical Operation Team, the Data Management Team, the Scientific Team and the CRO to ensure provision of high-quality samples for analysis
- Responsible for optimal sample selection and shipment to vendors in function of patient enrolment, vendor analytical capacity and clinical study timelines.
- Collaborate with the Scientific and the Medical Team for the provision of patient and sample information required for the scientific data analysis under strict GDPR compliance
- Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent in Microbiology/Microbiome/Medicine or related discipline
- Substantial experience in clinical vendor oversight
- A good understanding of the ICH/GCP guidelines and each step of the clinical trial process
- Experience in clinical studies in infectious disease would be advantageous
- Must be a strong communicator and be able to relay concepts and potential issues in a timely manner with clarity and precision in a cross-functional team
- Must have a strong problem-solving skills with a can do attitude
- Must have strong leadership skills and being a team player
- Possess drive, energy and enthusiasm to deliver the study objectives in a fast-paced team environment
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical and medical device companies.