Senior Clinical Research Scientist
Are you an experienced Scientist ready to apply your skills in a diverse and dynamic company? Do you want a breadth of opportunities to be curious and do ground-breaking, outstanding work that has big impact on science and medicine? If you can envision providing scientific expertise in a role that can impact patients' lives - then this role could be for you.
A fantastic opportunity has opened within a global and leading Pharmaceutical company for a Snr Clinical Scientist to join their late phase Respiratory and immunology team in Cambridge, UK.
What you'll do
As Senior Scientist within Late R&I Clinical Development, you will provide scientific and clinical input to late stage product development. This includes design, delivery, monitoring, and interpretation of pivotal clinical trials and mechanistic studies.
Your role will be focused on late stage clinical trials within R&I, where you will collaborate with the study team physician with all aspects of scientific input, clinical data quality metrics and safety evaluation. You will also support and contribute to medical monitoring of trials as well as lead the development of metrics and data review plans for assigned studies.
Collaboration with colleagues within and beyond Late R&I will be crucial for you to be successful in your role and you will work closely together with colleagues from Patient Safety, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Operations, Biometrics, and Early Development Groups.
We will rely on you to:
- Provide expert scientific input into the preparation of regulatory documents and interactions with regulatory authorities
- Provide authoritative scientific analysis and interpretation of data from ongoing studies and from literature
- Lead and participate in activities that ensure quality, consistency and integration of clinical study results and ensure safety evaluation process within the clinical team
- Provide scientific evidence to support strategic decision making for R&D, marketing, clinical, and business development departments
Essential for the role
You have a medical or scientific background and hold MSc, MD, PhD or PharmD or equivalent. This is complemented by considerable proven experience in Respiratory or Immunology disease clinical trials from pharmaceutical industry and/or academia.
Additionally, you possess:
- 5+ years good transferable project experience across phases late stage drug development
- Strong analytical skills and experience in managing and interpreting clinical trials results
- Experience of authoring scientific documents, including contributing to or writing protocols and key study and process documents
- High level of technical and disease area knowledge, enabling you to confidently interact with internal and external partners
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including presenting scientific results to multidisciplinary teams and key partners
A highly competitive financial package is on offer. Currently, everyone is working from home due to Covid but there will be an element of travel into the office when things return to normal (3 or 4 days in the office).
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.