Senior Cell Culture Scientist
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Cell Culture Scientist for a global biotechnology company located in Worcester, MA. Successful candidate will actively contribute in medium to pilot-scale protein expression activities in a centralized facility.
- Contribute in medium to pilot-scale protein expression activities in a centralized facility.
- Work collaboratively in a matrix with project teams and members of the Global Protein Sciences Group to drive innovation and deliver novel therapies to our patients.
- Impact projects through the production and screening of recombinant biopharmaceutical candidates.
- Demonstrate scientific excellence, work ethic, and dedication to team and project goals.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS with 5-7+ years, or MS with 2-5+ years of relevant laboratory experience. The applicant's degree should be in a life science such as Biochemistry, Biology or Biomedical Engineering
- Proficient in mammalian (HEK and CHO) expression technologies.
- Familiarity with scale up to Wave Bioreactor would be beneficial. Protein purification experience a definite plus.
- Must be highly self-motivated.
- Must be able to work independently and contribute in a team environment.
- Should stay current with applicable internal/external scientific literature and apply new information to successfully complete work assignments.
- Should be able to analyze and report data concisely and rigorously.
- Should possess excellent communication skills and be proficient in presenting in front of groups.
- Must be able to manage several tasks concurrently and be capable of adjusting to rapidly changing experimental priorities.
- Work history performing transient protein expression of IgG or similar biological molecules in HEK293 or CHO cells.
- Experience performing SDS-PAGE, Western analysis, ELISA, flow cytometry, and microscopy and interpretation of protein analytical techniques such as SEC, MS, DLS, etc.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Nikki Ranieri at (+1) 215-531-5288 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.