Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Biostatistician with a leading biopharmaceutical company located in San Francisco, CA. Successful candidate will provide strategic and expert statistical consultation on statistical issues throughout the drug development continuum including discovery, manufacturing, clinical development, and commercialization.
- Provide statistical consultation and analytical support to translational science.
- Partner with molecular medicine scientists to conduct extensive exploratory biomarker data analyses and data mining.
- Be a strategic partner with research scientists and help them better design, develop and analyze their research projects.
- Conduct original research on relevant statistical topics focusing on current industry trends and coordinates learning/training opportunities within Statistics and for other functional areas.
- Provide statistical expertise on how to utilize real world evidence to help design more efficient clinical trials, support regulatory filings, or answer critical questions from the reimbursement agencies around the world.
- Promote, evaluate, and implement innovative clinical trial designs and efficient analysis methodologies when appropriate.
- Ability to identify the most critical aspects of a problem/issue and use competitive intelligence to influence clinical development strategies.
- Utilize appropriate internal and external resources to achieve short term and long term strategic functional goals, negotiating project timelines given constraints.
- Identify and interact with external statistical experts for issues related to drug development.
- Provide input for planning and management of external budgets related to statistical deliverables.
- Participate/lead external professional initiatives and organizations such as ASA, PhRMA, DIA, etc. to identify industry best practices and its applicability.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in Biostatistics or closely related discipline with at least 6 years of relevant experience or an MS in Biostatistics or equivalent with at least 9 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen understanding of statistical principles and concepts. Statistical expertise in biomarker, and discovery data analysis methodologies.
- Advanced knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry, overall drug development process with expertise in cross-functional interactions with the statistics function.
- Experience in integrating real world evidence into drug development, and expertise in big data and machine learning techniques is a plus.
- Strong computational skills, including R. Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a cross-functional team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as, interpersonal and project/people management skills.
- Ability to influence others, without direct hierarchical authority, and affect change across organizational boundaries.
- Proven ability to directly supervise personnel, providing guidance, inspiration and motivation.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Felix Hook at (+1) 646-367-2617 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.