An opportunity has arisen for Senior Biostatistician to join a dynamic and small company based in Belfast. This is a permanent, office-based opportunity which will allow you to grow internally up the career ladder. This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside a bright team whilst making valuable contributions to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Support study and/or compound level activities advising on study design and statistical issues across phases and therapeutic areas
- Writer and authorise SAS programs for datasets, TFLs and macros, applying good programming practice
- Must have knowledge of complex statistical techniques (e.g. mixed effects, non-linear modelling, Bayesian, advanced survival), model checking and interpretation
- Identify and implement appropriate sample size method using software or simulations
- Highlight data and standards issues and resolve or escalate as appropriate
- Awareness of emerging standards and associated impact to ongoing and future planned trials
- Maintain study master file documents and any other documents that are required to be audit ready People Management
- Line management of statisticians, programmers and other technical staff. Accountable for overall performance of direct reports
- Direct employee career development and ensure line reports receive appropriate training to perform their day-to-day jobs
- Provide statistical technical leadership and coaching Project Management
- Manage key client projects/portfolios.
Skills and Requirements
- Must have an advanced degree in Statistics, Biostatistics or a related field
- Must have experience with pharmaceutical clinical trials
- Ability to organize multiple and manage projects
- Awareness of industry and project standards & ICH guidelines
- Proficiency in data handling using SAS or other statistical software (e.g. R)
- Self-management skills with a focus on results for timely and accurate completion of competing deliverables
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Jack O'Neill at 0203 846 0646 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.