Senior Biomedical Scientist
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a talented Senior Biomedical Scientist in Cambridge. The chance to be part of an established company and the leader in building integrated diagnostics by combining molecular biomarkers with digital solutions.
- Undertake the technical work required for the clinical and research service.
- Clinical specimen preparation and dissection (cut up) under guidelines laid down by The Royal College of Pathologists
- Participate in an out of hours technical service for urgent biopsy specimens.
- Specialist skills in one or more of Immunocytochemistry, Frozen Sectioning, Automated Histopathological procedures and Clinical Specimen preparation
- Maintain key techniques and undertake the development of new techniques
- Participate in all External Quality Assessment schemes
- Entry of confidential patient data on LIMS and pathological reports and communication to Clinicians
- Preparation of data for presentation to management.
- Ensuring the laboratory meets the standards for the handling of clinical specimens in accordance with ISO 15189 2012.
- Participate in preparing Standard Operating Procedures to comply with ISO 15189 2012 and Health and Safety regulations.
- Ensure that the daily activities of the laboratory comply with the Human Tissue Act.
- Management of BMSs and MLAs in their team including annual appraisals and in-service training.
- Undertake Continuing Professional Development required by the Health Care Professions Council.
Skills and Requirements
- BSc or equivalent in a biological discipline
- Registration as a Biomedical Scientist with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Practical experience working in a pathology laboratory
- Team and staff management
- Experience in cytological techniques (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.