Senior Associate, Strategic Sourcing and Procurement
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Associate, Strategic Sourcing and Procurement with a pharmaceutical company located in New York, NY. The Senior Sourcing Associate will primarily manage operational needs and the vendor management processes and procedures to support the New York procurement team: including new supplier creation, supplier changes, payment terms, team metrics/KPI reporting, open PO tracking management, etc.
- Drive good procurement practices throughout the organization, including implementation and adherence to the Intercept Procurement Policy which encourages the use of bidding (RFx), regular supplier business reviews, approved vendor and consultant listings, etc.
- Assist New York Procurement team of 3 with bid support activities, KPI/metrics reporting, data analysis, scheduling of business review and meetings and other administrative activities as needed
- Manage, maintain, and lead special projects as assigned including but not limited to leading bids and solicitations (RFP/RFQ/RFI), process improvements for the entire strategic sourcing and procurement process, negotiation of terms and conditions, supplier market analysis, etc.
- Proactively identify new ways to achieve quality, cost savings and operational efficiencies, such demand management, standardization, as consolidating contracts and recommending supply chain process improvements
Skills and Requirements:
- S./B.A. (Finance, Math or Supply Chain is desirable)
- 4-7 years sourcing and procurement experience, life science industry experience preferred
- Have knowledge of purchasing operations, including, but not limited to, vendor assessment, contract negotiation, procurement, and category management.
- Proficiency in strategic sourcing and procurement processes, technology and systems (e.g., Oracle ERP Cloud), contract and supplier analysis and management, financial and market analyses, strategic planning and integrated supply chain.
- Knowledge in all aspects of the procurement workflow: vendor assessment, purchasing negotiations, reviewing contracts, consulting engagements, contract management, etc.
- Ability to analyze, review and advise on contract terms and conditions, and evaluate qualitative and quantitative outcome on Intercept's business
- Experience working with Legal and Finance team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and MS Excel skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects/tasks effectively
- Demonstrated ability to think "outside the box" and work in a fast-paced, dynamic, ambiguous environment with concurrent competing priorities
- Preferred Qualifications include a M.S./M.B.A., relevant industry certification is preferred, e.g. Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), experience with purchasing systems Strategic sourcing experience Knowledge of spend and suppliers Heavy excel experience preferred Experience with Reporting and Data Analysis also preferred
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Dominic Santoro at 215-531-5280 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.