Senior Associate Scientist, Protein and Cellular Engineering
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist of Protein and Cellular Engineering with a leading biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA. As the Senior Associate Scientist, you will help advance efforts toward the discovery and optimization of novel therapeutics with the goal of delivering medicines to patients with significant unmet medical need.
- Support cutting edge cellular/protein engineering technologies and structural biology principles to further expand our platform approach for creating therapeutics;
- Execute biochemical and cell based assays to validate target and pathway engagement of therapeutic candidates;
- Express and purify recombinant proteins, including antibodies, enzymes, and fusion proteins, at the milligram scale to support internal and external programs;
- Cultivate and maintain an in depth knowledge of protein biology and engineering;
- Actively participate in project teams, contribute to technical reports, patent applications, and regulatory filings;
- Rigorously document research methods and results and effectively communicate findings to the organization at internal meetings.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS or equivalent degree in biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, molecular biology or similar discipline with 5+ years of relevant laboratory research experience, in industry preferred.
- MS or equivalent in a similar discipline with 3+ year of relevant research experience, in industry preferred.
- Excellent organization and communication skills, the ability to collaborate effectively, and an enthusiasm for problem solving.
- Capability to design and execute thoughtful experiments, troubleshoot, and implement innovative solutions with minimal supervision.
- Experience with molecular biology techniques, including bacterial culture, plasmid preparation, PCR, restriction digestion, Gibson Assembly, and qPCR.
- Hands on experience with mammalian adherent and suspension-adapted cell culture and transfection.
- Experience with recombinant protein production and purification via IEX, SEC, and affinity chromatography.
- Experience with protein and cellular characterization methods including ELISA, SDSPAGE, BCA, western blotting, flow cytometry, microscopy, and ligand binding assays.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at (+1) 617-903-7746 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.