Senior Assay Development Scientist
Proclinical are looking to recruit a Senior Assay Development Scientist to drive ongoing realisation of a Point of Care Molecular Diagnostic platform.
- As a Senior Assay Development Scientist, you would report to the Assay Development Manager, as part of the Biology team.
- Your role is dedicated towards the development and evaluation of vitro diagnostics tools as you transfer to manufacture activities.
- You will work across standard and next-generation technologies, collaborating with other science and engineering teams to support Assay and device integration activities and generate performance evaluation data.
- Contribution to experimental planning, system improvement and product development will be required in addition to providing support to fellow Research Scientists.
- You will focus upon development and optimisation of cartridge-based sample preparation and rapid RT-PCR processes, requiring an in-depth knowledge of both molecular biology and infectious disease detection.
- The Scientist fulfilling this role will contribute to the ongoing assessment of assay and technology performance, ensuring high quality records and GLP are always adhered to.
Skills and Requirements
- A PhD or equivalent experience in the IVD industry
- Previous experience in in vitro diagnostics or infectious disease testing
- Experience working outside of academic research institutions
- Extensive experience with molecular biology techniques including RT and qRT-PCR, nucleic acid extraction and quantification.
- Extensive experience in experimental design, execution and data analysis including the use of statistics
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical and medical device companies.