Senior Administrative Assistant
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Administrative Assistant with a pharmaceutical company located in San Diego, CA. This position provides complex administrative support functions at a higher level than an Administrative Assistant for various departments, ensuring efficient office operations and has the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment. Strong initiative and follow-through is essential for this position. The candidate will report to VP, Clinical Operations and support multiple senior leaders in Clinical Operations (eg, ED Clinical Contracts and Outsourcing, Operational Team Leaders (ED and Sr Director), and all global clinical trial teams for sponsored studies.
- Responsible for heavy calendar management utilizing Outlook 2013
- Experience with support of remote management and team members
- Coordinate meeting arrangements
- Schedule meeting with internal and external groups as needed, including organizing all meeting logistics (availability of attendees, meeting rooms and equipment, online conferencing via Lync and catering as required)
- Assist with creating/editing executive level presentations as may be required
- Assist with travel needs in accordance with travel policy (air, hotel, car, visa, etc.)
- File expense reports using manual and online system (Concur)
- Back up to other administrative assistants and receptionist
- Oversee and execute timely completion of additional projects, as needed
- Handle confidential material effectively and discreetly
- Establish, update and maintain departmental files (paper and electronic) and all records
- Screen telephone calls, take messages, redirect calls, and respond to routine inquiries regarding departmental business
- Type and format confidential and non-routine documents
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines and pressure in a composed manner
- Takes on lead role for all Administrative Projects within the functional group
Skills and Requirements:
- 4-6+ years of related specialized administrative experience
- Prior experience in a biotech/pharmaceutical company is desirable
- Ability to work independently
- College degree preferred
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with superb accuracy
- Exceptional customer service skills, over the phone and in person, with internal and external personnel.
- Demonstrated exceptional MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to build partnerships across the organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to work effectively across a matrix organization
- Ability to work independently and prioritize with minimal daily instruction
- Ability to think strategically in order to improve current processes
- Ability to lead administrative projects and processes with oversight
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Dominic Santoro at 215-531-5280.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.