Senior Account Manager
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Senior Account Manager - Permanent - Onsite
Proclinical Staffing is seeking a Senior Account Manager - Light Scattering & Analytical Instruments to join a leading global developer and manufacturer of instrumentation. This is a permanent role located in San Diego, CA.
The organization is looking to hire a Senior Account Manager to manage the Southwest territory (San Diego, Los Angeles, Nevada, and Arizona). Experience selling solutions involving instrument, software and consumables Three (3) years of hands-on experience with light scattering, HPLC or related analytical instruments is HIGHLY PREFERRED.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, this position is responsible for achieving or exceeding the sales target through excellent selling and account development and leadership skills. The Account Manager is the business development authority in their territory and is responsible for developing the overall strategic plan and driving the sales process within the territory team.
Skills & Requirements:
- BS or higher (MS, PhD Preferred) in Chemistry, Biology, or Biochemistry.
- 3-5+ years of field sales, field application specialist, technical sales, or related experience preferred. .
- Formal training in consultative and value selling
- Prior experience in a technical lab or field support role is a plus
- Highly motivated to achieve targets
- Strong team and organizational skills
- Willingness and ability to travel. Anticipated travel up to 60%. International travel may be vital on occasion.
- SAP knowledge preferred
- Three (3) years' experience selling solutions involving instrument, software and consumables Three (3) years of hands-on experience with light scattering, HPLC or related analytical instruments
- Knowledge of biopharmaceutical characterization technique
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to learn and use CRM quickly and efficiently.
- Strong written and verbal communication and social skills, advanced computer skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to draw conclusions and observations from market trends and unit analysis.
- Substantiated capability to negotiate and close business.
The Senior Account Manager will:
- Develop and implement a strategic territory plan to include the methodology needed to achieve sales growth including: lead generation, cultivating, customer support, and penetration activities at accounts within territory
- Perform demonstrations to drive new and repeat sales as defined in the Strategic Territory Plan, and on an as needed basis
- Develop detailed business plans, organize, accurately forecast territory results, provide market intelligence, implement value selling, and leverage applications to identify companies and departments that could benefit from company technology
- Collaborate with the Inside Sales Department, Marketing Department, and Business Development teams.
- Maintain a knowledge of our products, their applications, and our competitors' offerings.
- Maintain accurate and current records of proposals, opportunities, accounts, contacts, leads and actions through CRM within defined territory. Maintain daily and weekly updates.
- Travel as needed for sales meetings, sales training and tradeshows.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Manon Fuller at (+1) 323-319-3090 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.