Scientist Upstream Process Development
A global healthcare company is advertising a vacancy for a Scientist Upstream Process Development to join their team in Geneva, Switzerland. The company's products and services have been used to help care for critically and chronically ill patients. This is an exciting opportunity to bring expertise and skills to an established and in-demand company that specialises in infusion, transfusion and clinical nutrition.
- Helping to set up and run an upstream process (USP) development laboratory including vendor selection, equipment purchases and installation.
- Planning and executing USP process development and characterisation studies.
- Authoring, reviewing and editing, internal SOP's, protocols / reports, documents and manuscripts.
- Using the most appropriate experimental design (including DoE) and problem-solving methods to achieve biosimilarity within the pre-defined analytical ranges.
- Representing Upstream Process Development at cross functional meetings.
- Supporting USP tech transfer activities for handover and scale up of projects to external GMP manufacturing sites.
- Coaching, mentoring and providing technical guidance to associate scientists and technicians.
Skills and Requirements:
- Advanced scientific degree: MSc in biotech process sciences or similar field.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Pharma/Biotech/Biosimilars Industry with demonstrated
track record in Upstream processing for biologics (specifically mammalian cell
- Strong technical and scientific expertise across the Upstream development
spectrum including process development, scale up, tech transfer and process
- Strong experience with high throughout USP laboratory equipment, use of DoE
and Six Sigma techniques would be desirable.
- Experience in evaluation and implementation of new technologies are desirable
but not essential.
- Build strong relationships and a collaborative network with cross functional teams.
- Technical leadership and influencing skills.
- Ability to critically evaluate scientific data obtained at different stages of development.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Flexibility to switch between projects if necessary.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and action / result driven.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
- Fluency in English essential, French and/or German would be an asset.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Maddalena Sarnataro at 0203 854 2625 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.