Scientist/Senior Scientist, Functional Genomics
Proclinical is seeking a Scientist/Senior Scientist, Functional Genomics for a cutting-edge biotechnology company located in South San Francisco, CA.
As a Functional Genomics Scientist/Senior Scientist, you will advance the company's platform for the identification and validation of functional RNA targets for drug discovery.
Must be eligible to work in the US.
- Identify and validate domains in human mRNAs that regulate cellular function including processing, splicing, translation, or stability.
- Design, execute, and troubleshoot NGS-based experiments to understand the sequence determinants of RNA regulatory domains.
- Recruit, mentor, and oversee research associates.
- Analyze, interpret, and organize data, and clearly document and communicate research outcomes to colleagues.
- Work within a collaborative, high-caliber, interdisciplinary team.
Skills and Requirements:
- Ph.D. in Genetics, Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, or related field.
- Deep understanding of mammalian RNA regulation mechanisms.
- Experience developing, validating, and applying MPRA or minigene reporter assays for pooled or arrayed screening of RNA function in mammalian cells.
- Experience decoding RNA regulation using NGS-based methods, such as RNA-seq, polysome profiling, ribosome footprinting, metabolic labeling, eCLIP, or CRISPR screening.
- Proficient in data analysis using Python (or similar language) and common bioinformatics tools.
- Mature in scientific thinking and rigorous in recording methodologies and results.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills, able to clearly communicate technical information to colleagues.
- Ability to plan and execute in a fast-paced environment and agility to adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills, ability to clearly communicate technical information to colleagues.
- 3+ years of relevant industry or post-doctoral research experience.
- Familiar with experimental and computational techniques used to measure, model, and analyze RNA structure.
- Familiar with concepts and methods in early drug discovery
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Danielle Bahnasy at +(1) 646-868-5142 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.