Scientist, Protein Analytical Development (LC-MS)
We are looking for a scientist with extensive experience on assay development, qualification and validation for proteins using liquid chromatography (LC) and mass spectrometry (MS) methods. Our client, a leading clinical-stage vaccine company, is in urgent search for a Scientist of Protein Analytical Development for their Gaithersburg, MD location.
- Develop, qualify and validate analytical assays to quantitate the content and activity of proteins in protein nanoparticle vaccines.
- Write SOP's, development report and assay qualification/validation reports.
- Perform in-process testing to support process development activities.
- Perform tech transfer to Quality Control and other groups.
- Thoroughly analyze and review data and provide summary to line manager.
- Troubleshoot assays.
- Maintain effective communication with other groups regarding sample testing and results.
- Review in-process testing data and provide testing summary to Process Development group.
- Present scientific findings and in-process testing summary at internal meetings.
- Demonstrated teamwork and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to influence across functions and organizations.
Skills and Requirements:
- Master's degree in biological science, chemistry, analytical chemistry, or biochemistry with a minimum of 2 years in Biotechnology industry.
- A thorough understanding of analytical assay development and instrumentation is required.
- Ability to critically analyze data using statistical tools and to compile technical reports.
- The required LC/MS experience includes, but not limited to, reversed phase, size exclusion, ion exchange, and affinity chromatography preferably on large molecules; protein and peptide analysis.
- Experience with peptide mapping, residual and surfactant analysis with LC-MS/MS.
- Experience with other assays such as Enzyme linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), UV-Vis spectrometry and total protein analysis.
- Experience and knowledge with capillary electrophoresis and SDS-PAGE are a plus.
- The ideal candidate will make detailed observations, analyze data, interpret results, and exercise appropriate technical judgment in the design, execution, and interpretation of experiments under supervision of senior scientist.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at (+1) 617-903-7746 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.