Scientist, mRNA Process Development
Proclinical is urgently recruiting for a Scientist of mRNA Process Development for a leading life science research and development group located in Woburn, MA. As the Process Development Scientist, you will work to develop first-in-class messenger RNA (mRNA) based therapeutics and vaccines.
- Apply deep knowledge in nucleic acid research to lead mRNA process platform development
- Lead screening, optimization, and scale-up efforts on enzymatic reaction and IVT synthesis including plasmid digestion, mRNA synthesis, nucleobase modifications and post-transcriptional modifications.
- Design and execute DOE studies & high-throughput screen for process improvements and advancements
- Support the development of automated mRNA production process to supply high-quality mRNA for lead candidate screen
- Support the development of robust physicochemical, chromatographic, and molecular and cell-based assays for in-process controls and final product release testing.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including CMC scientists to develop mRNA production strategies to meet ambitious project timeline.
- Communicate effectively with regular verbal and formal updates to project teams and management.
- Maintain necessary documents including laboratory notebooks, process development reports, technical transfer records, and process related documents.
- Build and promote the company's value and culture, result oriented, work with can-do attitude, team player mentality, constantly inject positive energy into the working environment.
Skills and Requirements:
- Degree in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biotechnology, Bioengineering, or a related scientific field. BS with 10+ years of directly related experience, MS with 8+ years of directly related experience, or PhD with 4+ years (preferred) of directly related experience.
- Strong understanding of nucleic acid chemistry, enzymatic and chemical reactions, and mRNA process at bench and larger scales.
- Strong hands-on skills in nucleic acid handling and manipulation including plasmid preparation, in vitro transcription, purification, and cleanup is a must.
- Proficient in analytical technologies including HPLC, agarose gel electrophoresis, capillary electrophoresis, qPCR, ELISA is required.
- Experience in high-throughput screen and DOE statistical tools for process development techniques is desired.
- Experience with automated systems and programming is a strong plus
- Experience in author & technical review on supporting documentations for CMC and regulatory filings is a strong plus.
- Experience in cGMP requirements for early phase development is a plus.
- An ability to work independently, meet deadlines and prioritize work effectively. Must be able to thrive and deliver results on goals in a fast-paced, dynamic and highly multi-tasking environment.
- Demonstrated capabilities to implement advance technologies and persist to successful outcomes.
- Experience in large-scale process of mRNA automation synthesis and purification is highly desired.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at (+1) 617-903-7746 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.