Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Scientist with a biopharmaceutical company located in North Chicago, IL.
- Conduct routine clinical laboratory diagnostic RT-PCR testing leveraging laboratory automation.
- Partner with senior staff to run the SARS-CoV-2 assay for clinical specimens including data analysis.
- Able to generate precise, reliable and reproducible data in a timely manner, demonstrate good data interpretation skills, and be able to note issues/deviations and troubleshoot appropriately.
- Perform routine testing of clinical specimens on the Abbott m2000 to generate high quality data.
- Operate laboratory equipment and effectively troubleshoot when issues arise.
- Collaborate with team members on all work aspects from data entry, solution preparation, sample extraction, master mix addition, amplification, data interpretation, and documentation
Skills and Requirements:
- Master's or bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical lab science or medical technology.
- 1-2 years of Clinical Laboratory Diagnostic Testing preferred, specifically clinical sample analysis using RT-PCR.
- Experience with reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) sample processing and data analysis.
- General lab skills: lab safety, solution preparations, use of pipettes and other instruments.
- Knowledge of biological sample extraction techniques and instrumentation, and the ability to follow established protocols without deviation.
- Well versed in Good Clinical Practices, sample chain of custody, and other regulatory requirements.
- Good Documentation Skills (ALCOA).
- Work with Laboratory Information Management Systems.
- Builds strong relationships with team members to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated.
- A go-getter, raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Zachary Hines at 215-531-6914.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.