Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Scientist with a pharmaceutical company located in New Haven, CT.
- Plan, design, execute, and document in vitro and cell-based experiments focused on advancing drug development
- Analyze data and troubleshoot experiments both independently and collaboratively
- The position is primarily bench focused (75%) and collaborative in nature
- Prioritize tasks and coordinate efforts to deliver results under aggressive timelines
- Clearly, concisely communicate concepts, results and conclusions internally and externally Remain current on new advances and methodologies in therapeutic areas as well as the competitive landscape
- Detailed record keeping using established electronic notebook procedures, as well as keeping internal databases updated
Skills and Requirements:
- D. with 1-3 years of work experience; MS with a minimum of 8 years of work experience.
- Degree in cell or molecular biology, immunology, biochemistry, or related field.
- Work experience in either academic or biotechnology/pharmaceutical industries.
- Expertise in cell biology and in vitro assay techniques such as aspectic technique/cell culture, immunoassays, imaging systems, standard molecular biology procedures (cloning, expression), and proteomic technologies Preference for experience with primary cells and developing cell-based assays and immunoassays
- A good understanding of the drug development process from lead identification through clinical trials is desirable
- Ability to formulate testable hypotheses, design experiments, analyze data, draw conclusions and plan next steps
- Ability to contribute to multiple projects and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, capacity to multi-task and the ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment are essential
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Janelle Jones at 267-297-3257.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.