Proclinical is currently recruiting for an In-Vivo Scientist with a pharmaceutical company located in Cambridge, MA. The successful candidate will be technically skilled in animal research, be a well-rounded scientist and bring diverse technical and analytical approaches to biological analysis. Experience and passion for working with animals is a must.
- Design and execute in vivo CNS studies to characterize molecules for RNAi therapeutic CNS programs.
- Develop and conduct assays that support in vivo studies (e.g. qPCR, ELISA) for the quantitative analysis of biomarkers or siRNA activity.
- Be responsible for rodent sample collection and tissue analysis.
- Responsible for data entry and data analysis in timely manner
- Prepare clearly articulated experimental reports and data presentations
- Preparation of SOPs and animal protocols
Skills and Requirements:
- The ideal candidate will have a BS or MS in Animal/veterinary studies, Cell/Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related neuroscience field
- We require 3-5 years of research experience in an industrial or academic setting working with animals on neuroscience projects.
- Excellent lab technique with the ability to analyze, interpret, and present data and work independently. Adherence to SOPs and familiarity with automation are critical.
- The candidate must thrive in a team environment and possess excellent communication skills (both written and oral). The role requires strong interpersonal skills, the capacity to multi-task, and the ability to function across teams. We particularly seek someone who is detail oriented and who will flourish in a goal-driven team environment under tight deadlines.
- Candidates must have experience in each of the following areas:
- In vivo proficiency with rodents, including animal handling, multiple routes of dose administration, blood collection, dissection techniques, and necropsies.
- Familiarity with ex vivo and in vivo assays for pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic evaluations.
- Demonstrated proficiency on intrathecal/intracerebroventricular injection is highly desirable
- Purification and quantification of RNA/DNA/protein, including qPCR and ELISA is a plus
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Nikki Ranieri at 215-531-5288.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.