Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Scientist with a pharmaceutical company located in Cambridge, MA.
- The biology scientist will have experience interrogating cellular and molecular mechanisms as they relate to kinase target pathway modulation, off-target liabilities and resistance.
- The candidate's primary role will be lab based and include cell based immune assays to support immune-oncology drug discovery efforts.
- This position offers the opportunity to impact a growing portfolio of targeted therapies in a fast-paced and innovative research environment.
- Independently conduct, optimize, and proactively troubleshoot cellular screening assays.
- Responsible for data processing, interpreting, and presenting to cross functional team members.
- Proactively employ a breadth of cell and molecular biology techniques, including gene targeting approaches and small molecule inhibition, to dissect mechanism of action.
- Design execute and document experiments to evaluate target dependency, off target liabilities, phenotypic responses, identifying resistance mechanisms and beneficial drug combination.
- Regularly present research to the integrated project team highlighting implications for broader program.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS/MS in relevant disciplines with 0-3 years of experience in industry
- Candidate must be skilled in carrying out a wide range of state-of-the-art molecular and cellular biology techniques.
- Extensive hands-on experience with flow cytometry, cell sorting and state of the art cell-based assays (immune-assays, MSD, HTRF, AlphaLISA, in cell western etc.).
- Experience processing tissues and isolation of immune cells for phenotypic characterization ex vivo is highly desirable
- Experience with genome editing/KD approaches (CRISPR or si/shRNA) for engineering cell line models (add-back rescue constructs/CRISPR knock-in is also strongly preferred).
- Familiar with PK/PD/efficacy relationships and delivering PD readouts by western and plate-based assays for in vivo tumor models.
- Experience with standard software analytical tools, xlsx, Prism, or other synergy software.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent documentation and organizational skills are essential.
- A team player, who listens effectively, invites response and discussion.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Nikki Ranieri at 215-531-5288.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.