Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Scientist with a biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA.
- Hands-on experience in a variety of in vivo and in vitro techniques to support genetic epilepsy drug discovery projects.
- Carefully design and perform experiments working with the supervisor including analysis, interpretation, and presentation of the experimental data to achieve agreed upon objectives.
- Animal handling, basic rodent surgical techniques, tissue collection and dissection as well as downstream histological and biochemical analyses.
- Work in a cross-functional environment and collaborate with other teams regularly.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS/MS in Neuroscience or Biological Sciences.
- Basic scientific knowledge of neuroscience, preferentially in epileptic disorders.
- Strong capabilities of designing, performing and troubleshooting experiments based on scientific questions, and rigorously analyzing, interpreting and documenting data.
- Expertise in rodent handling and basic surgical techniques, tissue collection and dissection, immunohistochemistry, fluorescent microscopy techniques including confocal microscopy, imaging and biochemical analysis.
- Experience with cell culture, molecular biology techniques such as RNA isolation, qPCR and western blots.
- Strong interpersonal, organization and communication skills, ability to clearly communicate data and maintain detailed written reports.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Nikki Ranieri at 215-531-5288.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.